Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I Laughed Out Loud

Last night was Ward Temple Night and we used a babysitter that we have never had before. She is in my Miamaid class, so I know her, but Jason has never met her. Jason did not have time to come home after work and drive to the temple together, so I met Jason at the temple and we enjoyed a wonderful session with other members of our ward. On the way home, Jason usually likes to check on things at home and talk to the kids, so last night he made the phone call while I was driving in a separate car.

After he was finished talking to Amber, she handed the phone to our babysitter (14 years old) and Jason thought he was talking to Kelsea (apparently she sounds a lot like Kelsea). He talked for quite awhile and asked her all about her day, "how was school, sweetie," "What did you do today?" etc. etc. Now you have to understand, Jason is really cutsie and sweet when he talks to the kids about their day and always uses affectionate terms like sweetie, cutie, etc. When he finally realized that our babysitter was not Kelsea, he was super embarrassed and told her he had thought she was Kelsea the entire time. When he got off the phone with her, he called me on my cell and told me all about it. I was literally laughing out loud in the car. If you could have heard his voice and how he was talking to her, you would have laughed out loud too. I imagine our babysitter, who has never met Jason, was wondering why he was being so super friendly and inquisitive. Too funny!!! We had a pretty good laugh about it when we did get home and he finally met her. Oh, I wish you could have been there.

(Love you, Jason! I hope you don't mind that I shared this, but it was just too funny and definitely something I would have done.)

6 comments:

Andrea said...

That totally cracks me up. Tell Jason thanks for the laugh.:)

Ali said...

That's hilarious!! I'm so glad you shared that story! My husband would have been mortified!

The Blomquist Bunch said...

Ha! Well, that gal will definitely know that Jason is a sweet daddy, right?! How awesome :)

Mindi B said...

That was so funny, you told me about that.

shelbell said...

Great story! I love it when stuff like that happens (just not to me!).

Colleen said...

That does sound like my sweet son!
Way to go Jason!