Tuesday, August 5, 2008

California Trip - Day Seven, Eight, and Nine

On Day Seven, we checked out of our hotel and drove down to San Diego. We checked into Homewood Suites and headed to the Beach. My brother, Brian, and his wife, Katie, joined us. The kids loved the beach and Kelsea and I had fun riding the waves.

Day Eight, we went to Sea World. It was a lot of fun! Brianna begged to sit in the soak zone for the Dolphin Show and I could not believe how soaked we were!! (Yucky Salt water!!!) The Shamu Rocks show was my favorite - it was at night and I loved all the lights and music.

Day Nine, we took it easy in the morning and swam at the hotel. We went to Mission Bay Park, then drove back up to the airport. Our plane was delayed three hours so we didn't get home until about 2 a.m. Sunday morning. The kids were so good though and except for Amber, they did not cry or complain at all.



This trip was a success. I truly had a great time with my little family! I am so grateful that Jason took the initiative to plan everything and pull it off. I was pessimistic about taking all the children, but Jason talked me into it and I thank him. I hope this trip will be in our children's memories for a long time.

4 comments:

Denise Mason said...

What a fun trip! I'm impressed that you braved such a long and busy trip with a newborn. I'm glad you all had such a good time.

Jaime said...

I love looking at the pics- you can really tell your kids had a lot of fun! Makes me want to brave Disneyland again!

shelbell said...

Wow! That was quite a trip! How fun. Our 2 year old wasn't too happy with Sea World when we went...we vowed NEVER again until we have older kids. You guys did some fun things. Great family trip!

Jessa said...

That looks so fun, we are taking the same trip in Sept and I can't wait! You will have to tell me all about it!