Monday, December 8, 2008

Festival of Trees

We have a tradition of going to the Festival of Trees every year and this year was a lot of fun. All of the proceeds go to Primary Children's Medical Center, so it is a great place to have some holiday fun, while supporting a great cause.

My brother made this gingerbread house of the temple and I could not believe how big it was in person.


This castle was AMAZING! It was as tall as Brianna.






This tree was so funky. It lit up to the beat of rock music.

The kids wanted to wait in line for Santa, but it was a very long wait. When we found out that they only wanted the candy canes that he gives them after, we decided to skip the line and go straight to the sweet shop. They loved their treats.

We had a great time with the kids! The atmosphere is so festive and the children were really good. I love Christmas time!! As a child I used to perform at the Festival of Trees every year, so this is a life long memory for me.

3 comments:

Drizzle said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I like the Festival of the Trees too.

The Blomquist Bunch said...

Snap! I never did talk to you about that outing! We had a family Christmas party that night, so we couldn't go with the bodacious barkers, but it sure would have been fun. So many photo ops for the kids to enjoy :)

shelbell said...

Oh, I love all the fun traditions there are to be had in Ut! Hilarious that your kids REALLY wanted the candy and not Santa. I love it.