Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Week

The weather has been so nice, so Jason decided to put up the Christmas lights

He climbed out of Corbyn's window to put them up

Kelsea wanted to get on the roof so bad!

Landon was much happier outside!

Amber was happier outside too (I'm not sure why she thinks it's okay to go out side without shoes on, in the, supposedly, winter months - okay, maybe she's seen mom do it a time or two. Oops.)

Kelsea was in a Thanksgiving program at school


She had a little speaking part and was very excited

We had Thanksgiving Dinner at my mom's house with my brothers and sisters and families (my older sister, Amy, lives out of state, so we missed her and her family!)

My Brother, Jared, carved the turkey.

Jason surprised us and took us to the S.L. Hilton on Friday.

We went to the Gallivan Center to hear Kurt Bestor, and to see the City Lights lit. (Jason just couldn't resist that Zoolander pose.)


We love Kurt Bestor's music!!!

We went to Temple Square to see the lights

Tabernacle


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Week! I am so thankful that I have so many things to be thankful for!!! I am most thankful for my little family!!! Jason is simply the best husband EVER and my children are amazing!

8 comments:

Ali said...

It was so fun to see all the pics of your activities! Especially the SLC ones, because I sure miss that city! We always loved to take "mini-vacations" to SLC when we still lived out in Utah.

The Blomquist Bunch said...

Wow---you guys are so adventuruous with your five kid crew! We'll have to try harder, I guess :) Your holiday weekend looks like it was a lot of fun--and I loved hearing about your mega black friday shopping spree, too! Lucky!

Devon said...

How fun! I loved the pictures...Salt Lake is the best, and it was fun to visit there through your pics! That would make an awesome Thanksgiving tradition!

Forsyth Family said...

Kelsea told me ALLLLLLL about your fun weekend on Sunday!! What a thoughtful husband you have!!

Jaime said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! I can't believe you attempted that with 5 kids! We have a hard time with our 3! Looks like we may have to try harder to live up to the Barkers! Thanks for all the fun pictures!

Debbie said...

It looks like you had a fun filled weekend! You guys are amazing the things you do with five kids!!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun surprise, being whisked away to SLC! Can't wait to see the lights on Temple Square.

Amanda Stephens said...

You guys have been very busy! I love seeing what you have been up to. The holidays are great aren't they?