Thursday, February 12, 2009

72 Hour Kits

My sweet Mother-in-law sent a reminder to all of her children to get their 72 hour kits updated and prepared for use. Last Monday, for FHE, we got out ALL of our 72 hour kits and wrote down everything that we currently have and everything that we need for them to be complete. It was a great activity for the kids and they asked a lot of questions as to why we need to be prepared. I was surprised at the stuff that needed to be updated. I thought we were completely prepared and we weren't.

On Saturday, we are going to go to the store and purchase the things we need to complete the kits and then next Monday we will have the children help us put everything together.

I challenge all of you to check your 72 hour kits and make sure they are current. You may be surprised. :)

3 comments:

Marisa said...

That's a good challenge. I've really had that as a goal the past month, but somehow other things seem to take priority! Now I'll report back to you when it's done. Maybe that will help me be more responsible...
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

way to go, Mindi! I have been feeling to urge to be more prepared recently. Tim and I cleaned out (some) of our pantry and set aside our food storage on the top shelf. Feels great, doesn't it?

Colleen said...

Good job Mindi!! Feels great to have that goal crossed off your list.
Seems like there is always something to update or start, but it's good to be prepared in some way.
Love,
Mom Barker