Friday, February 6, 2009

For Real?!

For all of you mothers who have adorable children that tantrum, please know you are not alone. I am listening to an amazing and complete meltdown by my cutie Amber and it is quite impressive. The vocals alone are up there with the best of them and the frustration factor . . . on a scale of 1 to 10, she is at about 15. In fact, she just put her hands on her hips and said (well, actually, screamed) "I'm so frustrated!" Good riddance! I could certainly do without a day of tantruming!!!

3 comments:

Ali said...

Yay!! I'm not alone in the kid-tantrum department!! :)

Heather said...

I feel yor pain. My oldest son has always been a pro at the tantrum thing. It has been a little better since he was diagnosed with ADHD. Before we discovered this, I experienced the most embarassing experiences of my life. I was at Walmart with my mom. Mike was about 5 at the time. I had a basket that was pretty full of much needed essential stuff like diapers, wipes, toilet paper... You get the idea. Stuff you really can't live without. Suddenly Mike had a complete melt down with no warning. We are talking full on tantrum. Laying on the foor, kicking, screaming, throwing things, yelling at the top of his lungs. I know you've seen them before, hopefully not in Walmart. I decided that I would take Mike out to the car and let my mom finish shopping with my other kids. So, I picked him up. That made it worse. He started screaming at the top of his lungs, "Let go of me!!! I want my Grnadma!!! Give me back to my Grandma!!!!" As I was attempting to leave Wqalmart with a kicking, screaming 5 year old in tow, I was stopped my someone who thought I was trying to kidnap him. They were in the proccess of calling the police and weren't going to let me out of the store. At this point in time I was ready to tell them that he wasn't mine and they could keep him. It took me quite a while to venture back to Walmart with my kids. I am also glad that 6 years later I can look back at this experience and laugh!

Jessa said...

Oh good, I'm not the only one!