Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It's time again . . .

It's time again for me to go off of sugar, fruit, and yeast products until I have my baby next month. For those of you who don't know, I suffered from Post-partum Depression and Anxiety after my first two children and it was the most AWFUL experience of my life. After a lot of searching and figuring out ways to take care of the problem, I found that I have Estrogen Dominance and when I deliver my babies and lose all the Progesterone so quickly, it sends my body/mind into a panic. I discovered that if I get all of the sugar and yeast out of my body before delivery, my Estrogen levels go down and therefore, when I deliver, my body does not experience such an imbalance of hormones as it should. I have gone off of sugar/yeast a month previous to my last three pregnancies and have had NO problems with depression or anxiety whatsoever! Yeah. So here I go again, except that this time, I am not really going to miss it that much. I have not really eaten very many sugary things this pregnancy and I haven't craved yeast products like I normally do. I am so excited to have my baby and I think this last month is going to fly by!!!

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Wow, I'm so glad you were able to search and find such a great answer to your post-partum depression. I'm sure that a lot of people could really benefit from your research. Good luck on the next month. You're awesome!

The Blomquist Bunch said...

Hooray! Baby girl is almost here!

April said...

Wow! That would be hard for me to do! Good for you and I'm glad that it will not be that hard for you! We sure miss you guys, and hope that everything goes smoothly for you next month. Tell Dr. Larkin hello for me.
-April