Sunday, September 21, 2008

B.Y.U. Football!!!

**Warning**
If you do not like BYU football, you may not want to read the following!

As many of you may know, I am somewhat of a BYU Fanatic, especially when it comes to football and today I went to my first game of the year. I decided to take my camera with me, because I NEVER have before and I could not have picked a better day.

Right when we got to the stadium, we headed over to all the tailgating hooplah and low and behold . . . Ty Detmer and Reno Mahe were taking pictures with their fans. I was soooooo excited!!! I loved watching both of these players and it was awesome being able to meet them!!

(Ty Detmer, my mom, me, Reno Mahe)

We always go into the Cougar room for good eats and a pre-game show and I had to get a picture in front of Ty Detmer's wall of fame.

Oh, what a beautiful letter!

Ahhhhh!

When we got into the Cougar room, we were surprised that the speakers were three Olympic athletes that formerly went to BYU. Jason and I love Gordon Milar (Men's Volleyball)!

He showed us his Gold Medal and it was awesome!

After the show, we went into the stadium and I couldn't resist taking this picture!

This is a shot of the team right before they exploded on to the field.

Max Hall - what a great Quarterback!
(Eat your heart out, Ben Olsen!)

(Fui Vakapuna getting the hand off from Max Hall)

It was a full house!

Yes . . . the helmets are supposed to be on their heads - what up?

Am I an awesome photographer or what? j/k. This was right in front of us and once again, I had to take the shot.

After each touchdown, the BYU flags are run around the entire stadium while the fans sing "Rise and Shout"



As you can see it was a fun day at Lavell Edwards Stadium! And did I mention . . . BYU 44 Wyoming 0 - Another Shut Out! Yeah!!!!!

12 comments:

Brenda said...

Ra ra, ra ra ra.....GOOOOOOO COUGARS!! Living up here in Washington we get to watch 2-3 games a year and have to listen to the rest on the radio, but we do every week!! Love to hear the love from fellow fans. We would LOVE to actually go to a game some time (we almost went to the Washington game, but weren't able to 'sigh')

Tony and Whitney said...

I feel about the Utes the same way you feel about the Y. It's quite fun! It looks like you had a great time. Fui Vakapuna was actually one of my students when I was student teaching.

Ali said...

I love it!!! We are huge Cougar fans also, and miss being able to attend the games since our move! You ARE an awesome photographer! The Des News should totally hire you! What an fun opportunity to get your pic taken with some of the former players!

shelbell said...

Thanks for the encouraging words! I had no idea you were such a fan. And to meet Ty Detmer...Woo-Hoo! Looks like a fun time. I love fall in Utah, and football is definitely a great part of that!

Jaime said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Thanks for sharing!

Devon said...

How fun...I love the pictures (it's fun to see your big smile being there!) And I know Reno from BYU classes, and now that I'm here in Philadelphia, I've been hearing them talk about bringing him back on the local sports news (I don't know if they will, but it was cool to hear him brought up!) So I loved that pic! I'm glad you had such a fun time! Milt actually got to watch this game and he was in HEAVEN! I believe he said, "this is the happiest I've been since we moved here." Um, thanks Milt. We have been to church, but I guess that wasn't as spiritual of an experience or as fun as watching the game!

The Blomquist Bunch said...

You know, Min--I haven't been to a cougar game since I was AT BYU. Sad, eh? But seeing your pictures sure brought back a lot of great memories! Glad you got to be there for the shut out---but especially that you got to get a shot with ty detmer, one of the only football names that I know (besides Jamal Willis, of course :)

Melanie said...

And I thought I was a fan...wow.

Forsyth Family said...

THAT WAS SO SWEET!!!!!! You have got me so excited for the game we are going to--OCT 11--I cannot wait to walk into that stadium with my whole family--Ty Detmer played when I was at BYU--I remember his poster where they had him posing like Indiana Jones--how fun for you!! I cannot believe that is your mom--you must get the same thing I always get when I am with my mom--"Is she your sister??!!" I am getting so excited for our "Bowl Trip"--you guys are still in--right??

jb said...

What I would have given to have been there!! How exciting. I always love the atmosphere in the stadium, there is just so much energy, and it reminds me how much I love being a cougar. I'm so enjoying this season and can't wait to see where it takes us.

Jessa said...

Wow that looks fun! I tagged you on a picture tag so check out my blog and it you have time you can do it!

Jessa said...

Yes that Hawaii picture is right where you described, Damien and I took it on our hike! Beautiful huh?