Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Marriage Tag

I saw this on one of my friends blogs and thought it was a lot of fun.  I am not going to tag any of you, specifically, but I would LOVE to read a marriage tag on each of your blogs!

I decided to include some of our wedding photos, just for fun
(photography has certainly come a long way in the past 13 years!)

(Don't you love the boofy hair - not to mention the sweet hat!)





1. What is your husband's name? Jason

2. How long have you been together? 13 years

3. How long did you date? We met June 10, 1995, got engaged October 28, 1995, and were married December 30, 1995.

4. How old is he? 34

5. Who said I love you first? I kind of did.  I gave him a neat book of quotes that he really liked and inside of it, I wrote him a sweet message; at the end I said, “I love you”  When I gave him the book, we were at the top of Snowbird, sitting on a blanket.  When he read the message, he looked at me and said, “I love you too.” We had a sweet little kiss after that – oolala!

6. Who is taller? He is

7. Who sings better? Probably me, but he has a great voice (he just doesn’t read music).

8. Who is smarter? I would have to say Jason.  I may have pulled 4.0s, but I don’t remember much of what I learned.  Jason is naturally brilliant and remembers everything.  Besides, he has his Master’s and I still have two years left of college to get my Bachelors.

9. Whose temper is worse? I don’t think either of us have a temper, but I am definitely more impatient (not with him, though – mostly just the kids)

10. Who does the laundry? Me – and it NEVER ends!!!

11. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do. (If you are laying down) 

12. Who pays the bills? Me.  I cannot imagine not knowing exactly what is going on financially.

13. Who mows the lawn? Mostly me – I LOVE to mow the lawn and I am super-anal about mow lines!  Jason always does the trimming though and we go out together.

14. Who does the dishes? Both of us.  I do them, he does them, we both do them – it doesn’t really matter – I would say we are both really good at helping the other person out.

15. Who cooks dinner? I do, but Jason always cooks our breakfast meals and he is the cookie man (he always makes cookies or edible cookie dough).  Jason does want to be like the Tepanyaki Chefs though – maybe someday.

16. Who drives when you are together? Jason.  I always fall asleep.

17. Who is more stubborn? Me. I’d like to think I’m not, but sometimes I am.

18. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Me. Probably because I am wrong more often.

19. Who proposed? Jason.  He surprised me at the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building by taking me into a special room where three of the previous Prophets lived. (He had permission, of course, but I didn’t know he did.)  The room was off limits, so I was wondering why we were in there.  When he popped the question, I was so surprised (I thought he was going to do it the next night at the BYU Homecoming Dance). I said yes right away and gave him a great big hug.  When we looked out the window toward the SL Temple, we noticed that our window faced the Roof Restaurant and everyone inside was clapping – it was pretty funny.

20. Who is more sensitive? We both are.

21. Who has more friends? I am definitely the socialite, but he has more Facebook friends.

22. Who wears the pants in the family? Jason, but I put them on for him. lol!

23. How did the two of you meet? Jason saw my picture in his brother’s yearbook and “felt inspired to call.”

24. What is one of his lovable quirks? Some of the funny things he says to the kids, like, “What’s this right here” – it’s how he says it that is so lovable – it’s so goofy.           

25. What is your favorite thing to do together? (Am I allowed to say that? j/k!) We love to hang out after the kids are in bed – sometimes we watch our favorite shows or we both get on our laptops and chat with each other – pretty pathetic, I know.

26. What is something you rarely agree on? How soon Jason will have a new cell phone!  He is always getting the latest and greatest and says, “this is it” even though I know he’ll have a new phone in a few months.  We get a pretty good laugh about this.

27. What's an important thing you have in common? We both have very strong testimonies of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!!

28. What names do you call each other? Sweetie pie, honey buns, babe, and William

29. What gift did he give you that meant the most? Himself – that is a gift that has never stopped giving (anything else doesn’t matter).

30. What's the kindest thing he's ever done for you? Everything he does is kind.  He always helps around the house, he puts the kids to bed by himself when he knows I need a break, he supports my book clubs, he makes me laugh, he surprises me with flowers, he gives me hugs and kisses, he tells me how much he loves me . . . should I keep going?

31. What's the most interesting thing about him? People think he is quiet and reserved and he is not at all.  The Jason I live with is not the Jason people think they know.  He is so funny, goofy, silly, etc.

32. What do you like most about him?  He treats me like a queen! He is always kind, he has never ever raised his voice at me or the children, he compliments me (even when I am not the ideal shape), he provides for our family, he never complains, he is very gracious, and he is just plain, the easiest person in the world to live with!!!! Oh, yea, and he is super hot!!

9 comments:

Ali said...

I loved "getting to know" your Jason! What a great guy you have there. I especially loved how he was inspired to call you after seeing your picture in our yearbook - WOW!

Tony and Whitney said...

Love this! I'm totally stealing it!

Brenda said...

That was fun and cute. Thanks for sharing!

Devon said...

Oh, what will I do without Book Club and the "Odes to Jason" we love to tease you about! And I LOVE the pictures! What a great post!

Julie Mulcock said...

Uh, can I be married to you guys? Just kidding. Sounds like you have a wonderful relationship. This was inspiring. I can always do better with mine. Thanks for posting!

Brandon and Carly said...

What a fun post! Personally - - I love tagging!! I love to learn parts about a friend that they might not normally share. Thanks for the fun post!

Jaime said...

I love this idea! I may steal this from you! he he! :) Thanks for letting me get to know you guys better!

The Blomquist Bunch said...

Another great idea for some evening of cackling and good times! WHat a FUN post, Mindi! ANd yes---never have I seen such a sweet weddin' hat as that! Maybe for Scott's b-day next week I'll do a post like this. Excllent stuff! So fun to read through--and the pictures are SWEEEEET! Seriously, that one of Jason jumping---totally cool. Wish we had gotten some fun shots like that.

chandra said...

That was fun! your blog is cute but I miss hearing "over the rainbow",