Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Amber's Baptism

Amber turned 8 years old this year and had the opportunity of being baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  This is the announcement we made for her and sent to our family members.





Amber's actual baptism was scheduled for April 16th, but Jason had class all day at UNLV so it was rescheduled for May 4th.  My mom and Grandma Hall came down as well as Jason's parents.  It was wonderful to have them all there for it.  

Amber was VERY nervous to be baptized, because she has always had a fear of going under water. When she entered the font, she cried and cried and then right after the baptism, she said, "This is the worst day of my life! (Tears in her eyes)"  I felt so bad for her, but it ended up being an awesome opportunity to teach her about sacrifice.  I told her that Heavenly Father was so pleased with her decision to be baptized and that she showed Him that He was more important to her than her fear.  As we talked about that, she calmed down and got a big smile on her face, as if to say, "that's right, I really did do it!" :)  

After she was confirmed a few of us family members were given the opportunity to bear our testimonies to her.  Corbyn bore his to her and it was the sweetest thing a big brother could have said.  He let her know that she made the right decision and that Heavenly Father was so happy with her.  She was all grins!

I'm so thankful Amber made the choice to be baptized.  I know that it is the first necessary step to making it back to live with Heavenly Father and she is well on her way completing all the steps to enter His kingdom.


He couldn't help being a little goofy



I was SO bummed that I left my jewelry sitting at home . . . silly, I know, but really?!  All these pictures need some earings and a necklace . . . just sayin'















No comments: