Monday, May 13, 2013

Corbyn's 11th Birthday

Corbyn turned 11 this year and had an awesome birthday, but I have to tell you our cake story from that day.  Look at the following pictures and see if there is anything you think I might not be thrilled about with the cake I picked up?  Yep, you guessed it . . . the handwriting!  Aaaaaa!  Those of you that know me well know that penmanship is a big deal to me and especially on a beautiful cake.  I gasped when I saw this, but didn't have the heart to complain because the man that did it was so nice.

Well, when I took it up to pay for it, I noticed that he left his handwriting pen inside the cake and it was touching the frosting.  I was so grossed out, but once again didn't have the heart to just throw out the entire cake. I let them know and they didn't offer to replace it, they just took off the frosting that was touching the pen and re-frosted it (which was a different shade of blue) and then they didn't offer any type of discount.  Oh, I was just dying! Well, I decided to go home and just add whatever I could to it to make it nice and though it wasn't awesome, Corbyn loved it and that's all that matters!





 I went on a hike with Corbyn, just the two of us, and he loved it!  It was a great time!











No comments: