Thursday, July 4, 2013

First Visit to our Old Neighborhood and School

School got out on May 23rd for us and we were on the road for Saratoga Springs an hour afterward.  We had been planning on surprising the kids friends ever since we moved and we were all so excited!  We also wanted to meet the new people that moved into our old house and we were super excited to see the new paint and carpet. (I always wanted better carpet in that house, but couldn't justify spending the money on it when there were other things that were more important.  When I found out they were putting in new carpet I was so excited I couldn't stand it!)

I thought it was going to be really hard seeing our house for the first time and seeing other people living in it, but it actually wasn't that hard.  I love the new family and I thought the house looked fantastic.  They let us go everywhere inside and it was so nice for the kids!  I thought everything looked so great and it had such a wonderful feel to it.  I'm so thankful for the Braithwaites and for their darling family!  It makes me feel so much better about leaving that wonderful home and neighborhood because I know they are truly going to benefit from what we had to give up for school!

The trip was a ton of fun, as a whole, but was exhausting!  I drove back and forth from Saratoga Springs to Sandy more times than I can count and I was tired by the time we went home.  The kids had a blast because they were able to spend so much time at their old school with their classes and because they spent so much time with their friends. I am so thankful we were able to go.  (We stayed two days longer than we planned and it was fun because Jason surprised us and came up with Nick and Mariah to meet us.)






















































No comments: