Sunday, July 7, 2013

Youth Conference

The week after I got home from taking my family up North, I had the privilege of attending Youth Conference with our ward in Salt Lake.  (Youth Conference is only for youth 14-18 so Kelsea was not able to go.) Our YM's leaders were not able to attend so my First Counselor and her husband (Melissa and Richard Ryther) and I were the only leaders from our ward to go.  The Rythers drove their car and I drove the Syphus' Suburban.  As it turned out, all of the youth drove in my car with me and we had a blast.  I didn't know any of the Young Men and was curious how the trip would be. I was thrilled that they were all so much fun and could handle my goofiness the whole week! :)










Our ward got a long so well with each other!  They were all such great friends. :)

Our Hotel



We went on a tour of the LDS Conference Center and I was so thrilled to walk through the room that had all of our modern day prophets statues.  President Hinckley is so dear to me and one of my favorite prophets, so of course I wanted to get a picture by his statue. I sure miss him, but am very grateful for our living prophet, Thomas S. Monson!  I am so grateful to belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!  I know it is the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ from when Jesus lived on this earth and I know that our Savior, Jesus Christ is at the head of the Church.




We had the privilege of seeing many of the original Books of Mormon and documents that were translated by Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery back when the Church was restored.  It was very touching to hear Elder Snow speak and to listen to Brother Metcalf who works in the Church History department. (There was a ton of security there because some these things are priceless.)





















I have a much more detailed explanation of this entire trip in my personal journal :)

No comments: