Friday, December 28, 2012

No Keys

A couple weeks ago Brianna went to play at a friend's house who lives clear at the other end of our neighborhood. It was a Monday so I told her I would come and pick her up before Family Night.  In the mean time, Jason decided to take a bunch of the kids to the library to pick out some books and was going to meet back home for family night. Well, about 5:30, I got a phone call from Brianna that she needed me to pick her up because her friend's parents were leaving.  I told her I would be right there.  I went to grab my car keys and they were no where to be found.  I then looked in the garage and saw that Jason took the suburban so I figured he had my keys so I went to get his keys to drive the little car over there. Well . . . . his keys were gone too.  I called to ask if Jason knew where the keys were and he disappointedly said he had both sets!!  He felt so bad, but I told him not to worry about it because I would just ask if the friend's mom could bring Brianna home. When I called over there, Brianna said the mom couldn't because they were being picked up in a few minutes by another couple, so there was no time.  I couldn't let Brianna walk alone because it was dark, far away, and very rainy!  I called a few of my neighbors to see if they could drive me over there and none of them were home.  I decided to just get the stroller, bundle up Keira and myself and run to the house.

It was FUH-REEZING! The wind was blowing so hard and we were getting soaked by the rain.  While I was running there, I did not think it was very funny, but after we picked up Brianna and ran back home, I thought it was a little humorous.  Now, I think it's funny!  I'm pretty sure Jason won't ever take both sets of keys with him ever again ;-)




No comments: